Friday, August 22, 2008

Refreshed?

Well I have been back in Afghanistan for a few days now and figure it’s time to restart the blog, if anyone still reads it.

Coming back after fifteen days of leave has been quite an adjustment to say the least. I had left here sure that the break would do me well and help to reenergize me for the final stretch. Leave was great; I had a blast and loved seeing everyone. However, I have not exactly hit the ground running over here. I’m not sure if it is lack of motivation or a slow readjustment the eight and a half hour time difference. I thought being home would be weird for the first few days or hours at least, but it never was. That was when I realized that home was normal, and here, well it’s just not… at all. With that said I’m hoping that it just takes a week or so slide back into a routine.

We are “short” now with the bulk of the deployment over, and seems like everyday someone (a lot of the time me) is stating just how many days are left. It really doesn’t help make the time go by any faster, but it is what most people are focused on now. We are all trying to finish up strong and get everyone home safe, and not lose focus in the last few months.

Thank you and God Bless.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Mark

I love you man. I am back at school right now. I miss you man and I hope to see you this christmas. It was great to see you.

Jon Grace

DAS said...

I'm still reading the blog... It was great seeing you a few weeks ago. Stay strong and be safe.

Dustin