Friday, April 18, 2008

Spring In Afghanistan

Today was beautiful spring day in Afghanistan and a perfect day for a barbeque, so we had one for lunch and another for dinner. The fact the dining facility was closed was the real reason for our gluttonous barbequing, but either way it was a nice change of pace from the usual.

I don’t usually see much of my team day to day (aside from the engineers) when we are not on a mission together. However, today was a nice social relaxing day, with the writing of a report in the morning, trying to convince brigade to build renewable energy projects, and an afternoon of football tossing and the aforementioned cookouts. With a movie night last night and the relaxing day today, I think my batteries are recharged for more long missions away from Gardez should they come up. Not that I’m necessarily asking for such a mission.

I think that the only thing that would help now is if I could watch a Yankee game at a decent hour, as opposed to the 4:30am time they come on over here. But if that is my only complaint then I guess I’m doing alright.

Thank you and God Bless.

No comments: